Be ready for anything.
Did you know that catastrophic flood events most often occur in areas considered to be “low risk”? Floods are the most common and costly natural disaster.
Here are a few things to consider when you are reviewing your current insurance coverage…
- Floods are the most common and costly natural disaster.
- 25% of all flood claims occur in areas not identified as a high flood risk zone.
- Heavy rains, blocked creeks, or inadequate drainage can all lead to flooding.
- Am I protected against water main breaks, ruptured tanks and towers, broken levees and dams, or power outage leading to pump failures?
- Homeowners insurance does NOT cover floods.
- Renters insurance does NOT cover floods.
- Only Flood Insurance covers floods.
- Federal Disaster Assistance is a loan from the Federal Government that must be repaid.